Maxine is an Associate at Joondalup Psychology Centre. She has worked in various psychological services including Department of Corrective Services, Department of Child Protection, Drug and Alcohol Agencies, Corporate Psychology - Employee Assistance Agency, and Private Clinics. Maxine works with adults, young adults, and couples.
The diversity of past employment has provided Maxine with a range of skill sets in the services she can provide to clients. She works from the psycho-socio-biological model in consideration of the appropriate approach to aid clients through difficulties they may be experiencing. Her evidence-based strengths approach is supported by ongoing professional and personal development.
Maxine utilises several psychological approaches to best support her clients. These include Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing, Narrative Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I), Solution Focused Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and more recently EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing).
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology) First Class Honours Curtin University
- PhD (Clinical Psychology) Curtin University
- Anxiety and Depression
- Alcohol and other drug issues
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress and Anger management
- Couple and family relationship difficulties
- Family Domestic Abuse
- Trauma therapy
- Personality disorders
- Conflict Resolution
- Member Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Fellow APS College of Clinical Psychologists (FAPSCC)
- Member of the Australian Clinical Psychologist Association (ACPA)
- Member of Australian Association for Cognitive & Behaviour Therapy (AACBT)