John's approach is client focused. He works collaboratively with clients to assist them to develop strategies to manage their mental health issues and to achieve their goals.
John draws upon clients’ strengths and life experiences, as well as his own professional knowledge and experience in meeting life’s challenges.
John has more than 20 years experience as a psychologist and employs evidence-based techniques and clinically proven therapies such as Mindfulness-based Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Relaxation Skills Training, and Motivational Interviewing.
- Master of Clinical Psychology, University of Adelaide, 2018
- Bachelor of Science Honours (Psychology), University of Wollongong, 1992
- Associate Diploma of Sports Science, University of Wollongong, 1988
- Work or relationship conflict
- Interpersonal and relationship issues
- Grief and loss
- Anger management
- Self esteem
- Alcohol and other substance use issues
- Addictive behaviours (such as gambling)
- Veterans' mental health
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)