Simon is an Associate at Joondalup Psychology Centre who works with children, adolescents, adults and older adults. Simon uses a compassionate and humanistic approach to support clients to achieve their goals with an understanding of their strengths and background.
Simon’s approach includes therapeutic options that best support the client including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT), Mindfulness and Mentalisation. Simon’s approach to therapy assists clients to identify and overcome underlying patterns of unhelpful behaviour. His passion for humanity and mental health led to his undertaking university studies in psychology and counselling. He would like to extend his knowledge and experience by enrolling in a Doctorate program.
Prior to becoming a psychologist, Simon was a small business owner for many years in the automotive industry as well as serving in the Australian Defence Force both in Australia and overseas. Simon has experience working in hospital and clinical settings with clients who have experienced trauma, alcohol and other drug issues, family and relationship difficulties, and mental health problems regarding significant medical issues. Simon has worked with clients from a large range of cultural backgrounds including Indigenous Australians.
- Master of Clinical Psychology, Edith Cowan University
- Bachelor of Arts Honours (Psychology), Edith Cowan University
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology & Counselling), Edith Cowan University
- Veterans’ and first responders’ mental health
- Men’s mental health
- Indigenous Australians’ mental health
- Alcohol and other drug misuse
- Depression & anxiety
- Stress management
- Anger management
- Interpersonal & relationship issues
- Grief and loss
- Cross cultural matters.
- Member Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Student Member APS College of Clinical Psychologists