Ms Lisa Dominguez works as an Associate at Joondalup Psychology Centre. She has over 15 years of experience as a psychologist working in government and non-profit agencies.
For the last 10 years, Lisa has worked in the Department of Corrective Services as a group therapy facilitator, a supervisor of groups and facilitators, in management roles, and more recently in a senior management capacity overseeing a large clinical service. In the course of this work, Lisa has managed the delivery and provided group and individual treatment for sexual, anger and substance use issues. She has also worked in the Department of Child Protection conducting assessments and providing therapy to children, family and significant others in various areas, including the intellectual and socio-emotional functioning of children, relationship issues, and parenting capacity. Lisa also conducts court ordered family therapy. Lisa has worked for an Employee Assistant Program provider offering a wide range of treatment services to individuals, couples and families. Treatments were provided to address couple and family difficulties, substance use issues, trauma, anxiety and depression, and other mental health concerns.
Lisa has conducted research using Eye Movement and Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy with traumatised clients with positive results and has a particular interest in this type of therapy.
Lisa has worked with children, adolescents and adults using a variety of treatment methods including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Family Systems Therapy, EMDR, Solution Focused Therapy, Brief Therapy, Dialetic Behaviour Therapy (DBT). Her approach to therapy is client-focused and strengths-based and she provides medium and long-term therapy according to the needs of the individual.
- Bachelor of Behavioural Sciences (Psychology) La Trobe University (Melbourne)
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology) First Class Honours Monash University (Melbourne)
- Master of Psychology (Clinical) Edith Cowan University
- Anxiety and depression
- Anger and stress management
- Couple and family relationships difficulties
- Trauma therapy
- Personality disorders
- Family therapy
- Parenting capacity assessment
- Single Expert Witness assessment
- Child and teenage mental health
- Grief and loss
- Member Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Fellow APS College of Clinical Psychologists (FAPSCC)